Friday, April 13, 2007

At Least He Looks Ready...

Here is my check list to see if I am ready for the MS150,

1. Crash helmet (also useful for defending yourself against squirrels attacking with pecans - that is a story for another day)
2. Eye protection ($2 at the Dollar store, but still keeps the bugs and junk out of my eyes)
3. Team Mission Control Jersey (I crack myself up when I realize how proud I get when I put this on)
4. Bike gloves (I was suprised how much my hands hurt after riding for a couple hours straight)
5. Bike "purse" (I keep a spare tube and some tools in here - and sometimes a Pop-Tart for the road)
6. Biker Short (built in seat cushion!!! Thank God for whoever invented these)
7. Water bottle (got to stay hydrated!)
8. Bike (can't ride without one - Don't ask anyone in my Financial Peace Class about Lesson 9 and me getting this bike)
9. Cycling Computer - A.K.A. "The Truth Teller" How fast, how far, and how long each ride is.
10. New Shoes. I get a pair every April around my birthday. Thank you Nana and Pops for this years pair!

Well, besides the fundraising and the a little more training. I am ready. Well, at least I may look ready. Having the tools and knowing how to use them are two different things. April 21-22 will be my days to find out if I am really ready. PRAY FOR ME!!!

3 comments:

BG said...

11. That's Brad zipping past Steve while he's posing like a prima donna! :)


Did I forget to mention that you're gonna have to shave your legs and arms? Standard procedure man.

SteveM said...

Shave???? I thought all the pros used Nair for hair removal!
Well, I can still keep up with all my hair causing drag!

SteveM said...

And actually there was alot of personal debate about posting that picture.