Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lent is Gone- Easter is Here

Here where some of the posts to a Lenten Blog that was just deleted, where people were invited to share how God spoke to them through the scriptures during lent:

Fred Wideman said...
The people of God are always on the move. In all the change of moving they remain God centered constantly being reminded that God is with them. This awareness of God is "practiced" regulary in worship ritual where each person has a role and a gift. Wagons and oxen are presented by some to help with the tent meetings. But the holy things must be carried on the shoulders. Ever felt the weight of holiness?
February 22, 2007 9:05 AM


pam collinsworth said...
Scipture:Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalm 73:23-24. ObservationGod is always with us. Could that mean in line at the grocery store, at work, around our dinner tables? How awesome that God is holding us by our right hand and providing counsel. All we have to do is tap into that. And the bonus! Afterward He will take us into glory, which I believe means here and there!Prayer/ApplicationGod thank you that you are always with us providing counsel. Help us Lord to stay focused on our ultimate goal in life. Thank you for the assurance that you are always with me holding my hand.
February 23, 2007 6:55 AM


SteveM said...
Scripture:And if you are a child, you're also an heir, with complete access to the inheritance. Galations 4:4-7 Observation:Not only a child of God connected to all the children of Abraham and connected to every member of the Body of Christ alive on the planet, but also an heir to the kingdom. This passage leaves me with more questions than answers.What does that mean? What do I get? What does that make me responsible for? If I am a child and an heir that means I am am representative of Jesus.Prayer/ApplicationGod may I call out to you as Abba/Papa/Daddy/ Father. May I be a son who acts like your Son. Thank you for making me worthy of inheriting your kingdom.

No comments: