Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Me and My little Truth Teller



I got this handy device from Jill's grandmother for an early birthday present. I installed it on my bike Sunday night and went on a ride Monday morning. You know... got to get ready for my Big Ride. This thing will tell you the time, how long, how far, how fast you have gone on your ride. It has an odometer so I will be able to know when it is time for a 500 mile check up (or something like that). Well, I had this moment on my ride Monday. Well, before I could get home and say for sure "How Long" I was gone, but now I have a truth teller attached to the bike. I can't say any more... "Well, I think I went about 50 miles today." Now I have a truth teller... and here is the picture of my first moment of Truth. Monday I went 53 miles. Not "about 50", not just "well, I was gone for about 4 hours"... This little device now keeps me honest.. no more stretching the truth.

Well, 53 miles wasn't that bad. The fact that when I left the house it was in the upper 30s and really windy. That made it rough. Mondays ride did give me hope. I was pretty tired (and hungry all day afterward!!!), but I feel like I see that doing this ride is possible. I haven't trained as much as "they" say I should, but I see that I can do it! I am also excited that I am up to $670 raised. I am nearing my goal of $1000. Thanks for all the help, and your prayers.

No comments: