Sunday, March 25, 2007

HAIR!!!

LOCKS OF LOVE!! Yes that means 10" of hair on my head. This is my official public announcement!

My dear female friends and my wife brought be down to reality. I thought that after a couple of months I would have a pony tail... They are telling me this will take about a year. So hold on tight. Be ready guys for me to start talking about hair styles, and should I wear my hair up or down? This is going to be an interesting experience. Especially when I get a close as I can to a military looking hair cut pretty regularly.

So about a year from now, a wig will be made from my hair for a kid that lost all their hair due to some illness or medical treatment. Yes, I checked... they will even accept MY hair.

And for all my Financial Peace Friends - the money I save on hair cuts will just be put into another envelope :)

7 comments:

TG said...

We are doing Financial Peace Univ right now. Envelope system! Ugh! Still working on that part.

SteveM said...

Stick with it. Work the baby steps! This FPU stuff works! I am facilitating (to use a Bill Stokes term) a FPU class that has about 32 families in it. And people are cutting up credit cards, selling tractors, almost have paid off a truck. One guy in our class used his tax return to pay off a credit card instead of blowing it. This class is really encouraging.

TG said...

i should probably share this in an e-mail, but....we have paid off a credit card, saved $1650 toward the emergency fund - we decided to double ours to $2000 since we only have one income, cut up the credit cards and paid off our vibe. the civic was paid off in march last year. now, we just need to knock off the student loans. we were going to go ahead and buy a house this fall, but are going to wait in order to get rid of the student loans. that's the hardest thing - waiting on a house b/c everyone else has one.

TG said...

hey - what if you also grow out your gotee. then you could help with two wigs! :)

Melissa Mae said...

Steve, here's a belated "welcome to the blog-o-sphere!" We will grow our hair out together. I am still growing mine for locks of love. I started awhile ago but my hair grows SOOOO SLOW! I just got it unlayered a coule of months ago and have about 3 more inches to go. Keep us updated with pics!

BG said...

Steve-o. I just don't want your mane blowing in the breeze in my face all the way to Austin! Hope your helmet has a hole for that little pony tail. I'm sure all the guys will be wonderin' who that cute new rider is!!

SteveM said...

Way to go Brad and Tiffany on the FPU stuff!!! Stay focused!!!

Don't worry about the hair being too long. My dreams of having a pony tail in a month were dashed pretty quick when my wife pointed out how long it was going to take.

Melissa, awesome. I don't think I will catch up to your hair progress! Well, that means me and Melissa any other Locks of Love challengers willing to step up?

Oh and I checked the website.. Locks of love does NOT accept back or chest hair. So everyone can breath easier now!