Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bible Reading

One of my big goals this year was to read through the bible. Yes I know, it is probably one of the most tried and retried Christian commitments that is made over and over. I have made my attempt many times before. I got started when I began working on this Life Development plan. Well, I am excited that the small group Jill and I have been with for a long time is stepping up to the challenge, and we are going to do this together. I am looking forward to this experience.

4 comments:

Melissa Mae said...

Wow - we are on roll! Two for two on the same goals - locks of love AND reading the Bible this year! I'd love to do both with you.

I'm a little behind but I have already finished Genesis. I love that book. I loved reading it again. I was stuck by the story of Noah's ark - how sad of a story it is and how wierd that the ark has become an icon that corresponds to children so often. I also realized for the first time that the animals came to Noah; he didn't go out looking for them. Interesting....

TG said...

I too am inspired by your goal to read the Bible. However, I don't think I can do it in one year. I have a hard time really processing that much info and really absorbing what I am reading. I'm gonna go with a 3 year plan (http://www.christianbook.com/html/static/BRPTK3PF.html) which alternates between OT & NT books. Perhaps we should all try to share insights even if we aren't at the same place. You guys have also gotten me thinking about locks of love, but I don't know....

TG said...

Oops...here's that link again, in case someone is interested

http://www.christianbook.com/html/static/BRPTK3PF.html

TG said...

well, darn my link isn't posting correctly. oh, well!