Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lectionary reading

Surrounded by all these questions up here at Duke about where are we going to live, kids schools, paying for Duke, Jill finding a job,... I have had this strange peace about all this. Not saying I am throwing caution to the wind and am going to throw my family into a situation without a plan or not try to make the best decisions for my family, but there is this sense of reassurance. Jesus has lead (and provided for) us this far...

So this morning I am reading through the lectionary reading for this week and find out - maybe I'm not crazy for feeling this way.

So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6

No comments: