Monday, February 23, 2009

Jill's Birthday




We had a great time for Jill's Birthday.  We ran our first 10k in Shreveport. Jill ran it in 1 hour 5 minutes, while I ran it in 1 hour and 9 minutes. Our friend Jamie Joyce was there too.  I am so proud of Jill, she did awesome!  I got my first real muscle cramp about halfway. Ouch!  It was still a great deal of fun! They served hot rama noodle soup afterwards, and it was good! Later in the day we had chick fil a for lunch. 

We made a stop at the Libbey glass factory.  Jill had told me all about it in the past, but I had never been.  We bought some new glasses, and some small juice cups to go with the new dinner set we had ordered. And to top it off the bowls and plates we ordered for Jill just happened to arive on her birthday just that afternoon.

I learned that Jill's favorite cake is marble cake. After a quick trip to Super 1 Foods I got busy making cake, but you can't put icing on the cake when it is too hot.   We let it cool for a while, but just not enough.... the top layer kept sliding around.  So much for having the cake that looked good and tasted good.  Atleast 1 out of 2 were good.

It was a great day and for a couple of months I get to be married to an "older woman".  I am so thankful for her and I am thrilled I get to celebrate many more of these birthdays with her.
Happy 35th Birthday Jill!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Jill! Glad y'all had such a nice day. Love the baloon hat too! :)

TG said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Jill! Glad you had a great one. (FYI - you are wearing my sweater!)