Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tri or not to Tri


Jill and I are about to embark on a new challenge this year.  We are going to participate in at least one triathlon this year.  I feel like I could ride my bike well enough, and with a little training running 3-6 miles shouldn't be to hard  (we aren't trying to win a triathlon - just trying to do a triathlon). But I have discovered I swim like an angry monkey flailing his arms.  I have always thought of myself as someone who could swim decently (most of my experience being in someones backyard pool or the Gulf of Mexico just goofing off).  Now I try swimming a lap in the Tech  pool and I can't hardly make it from one side to the other without thinking I am going to die.  How did Michael Phelps do it?

I am experiencing the same fear and excitement I had when I was getting ready to do the MS150 two years ago.  We have a long way to go, but I am excited about getting into shape enough to do this. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in the words of Yoda. "there is no tri, only do" close enough anyway. good luck!